Let’s get our heels wet in the Carolina blue waters! UNC’s Aquatics program is home to both an indoor and an outdoor pool, with lanes ranging from 25 yards to 50 meters and depths ranging from 3 to 10 feet. Please read our facility guidelines before visiting. Check out our programs and classes below!
Check out our Special Events, including Rolleo Log Rolling Practices and Tournament!
Aquatics Facility Guidelines
Bowman Gray Memorial Pool
- Pools are open for walk-in use. For facility operating hours, please visit the hours page.
- Your OneCard is required to check in at the desk to verify membership.
- The Woollen locker rooms are open for full use. We do not allow deck changing. Please enter the pool through the locker rooms.
- We would like to welcome our University members, their families, and guests (with the purchase of a $5 Guest Pass bought at the check in table) into the facility for recreational swim.
- In the event of any emergency or severe weather, the pool and deck will be cleared immediately.
- We encourage you to check out the UNC Aquatics Facebook page for updates.
If you have additional questions or concerns, you can contact our Aquatics Director, Catherine Ayers at email@example.com.
Are you ready to take the dive?
We are proud to offer group, private, and semi-private swim lessons for participants of all ages and experience levels. We also offer American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Instructor, and Water Safety Instructor courses. All Aquatics Programs are open to UNC students, faculty, staff, and their families, as well as surrounding communities.
If you are a member of the UNC community, you can use your ONYEN to login and register. If you do not have an ONYEN, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the full name and birth date of the participant. A login and password will be created and sent to you for accessing our registration software.