Let’s get our heels wet in the Carolina blue waters! Please read our facility guidelines before visiting.
UNC’s Aquatics program is home to both an indoor and an outdoor pool, with lanes ranging from 25 yards to 50 meters and depths ranging from 3 to 10 feet. Throughout the semester, we host swim lessons, swim stroke clinics, lifeguarding and other safety courses. Please read the Aquatic Facility Guidelines below and check out all of our Aquatics Programs and Classes at the bottom of the page.
Aquatics Facility Guidelines
Bowman Gray Memorial Pool
- Pools are open for walk-in use. For facility operating hours, please visit the hours page.
- Your OneCard is required to check in at the desk to verify membership.
- The Woollen locker rooms are open for full use. We do not allow deck changing. Please enter the pool through the locker rooms.
- Masks are recommended, though not required, while entering or exiting the building. Face masks should be removed when swimming. It is recommended that staff and patrons maintain physical distancing.
- We would like to welcome our University members, their families, and guests (with the purchase of a $5 Guest Pass bought at the check in table) into the facility for recreational swim again.
- In the event of any emergency or severe weather, the pool and deck will be cleared immediately.
- We encourage you to check out the UNC Aquatics Facebook page for updates.
Kessing will reopen for Summer 2022 Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
If you have additional questions or concerns, you can contact our Aquatics Director, Catherine Ayers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you ready to take the dive?
We are proud to offer group, private, and semi-private swim lessons for participants of all ages and experience levels. We also offer American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Instructor, and Water Safety Instructor courses. All Aquatics Programs are open to UNC students, faculty, staff, and their families, as well as surrounding communities.
If you are a member of the UNC community, you can use your ONYEN to login and register. If you do not have an ONYEN, please email email@example.com with the full name and birth date of the participant. A login and password will be created and sent to you for accessing our registration software.