Every program that we offer strives to enhance your experience at UNC. The best news is that you don’t have to choose just one. Try them all as you stay active!
- Aquatics – UNC’s Aquatics program is home to both an indoor and an outdoor pool, with lanes ranging from 25 yards to 50 meters. The program also offers swim lessons year round for swimmers of all levels and ages in addition to health and safety courses, such as lifeguarding and SCUBA.
- Carolina Adventures – Exploring UNC’s outdoor education options includes opportunities to participate in a comprehensive challenge course complete with high and low course elements and a 1,200-foot zip line as well as various outdoor sport facilities. The Outdoor Education Center includes an Expedition program which takes students on backpacking, kayaking and climbing trips year-round to allow students to learn while doing.
- Climbing – Housing two climbing walls, Campus Rec offers around 5,000 square feet of climbing as well as a bouldering wall and cave. With highly training Climbing staff, the walls are safe and easy to access even for those who have never climbed before.
- Fitness & Wellness – Group Fitness Classes, Personal Training Services, and Small Group Training Programs are all available to help you stay active!
- Intramural Sports – On average, 2 out of 3 undergraduate students participate in the various traditional and nontraditional leagues and tournaments offered through the Intramural Sports program. Over 20 different sports are offered throughout the year.
- Sport Clubs – 50 student-run clubs, ranging from instructional to recreational to competitive, offer students longer term, in-depth opportunities to play certain sports more competitively and learn new sports.
- Program Refund Policy