The purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguarding Blended Learning, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Water Park Skills, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, Administering Emergency Oxygen and Bloodborne Pathogens Training courses and/or modules.
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Possess a current basic-level American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Successfully complete the online session for the Lifeguarding Instructor course, which consists of the following:
-Orientation to the American Red Cross
-Orientation to the Lifeguarding Instructor Course and Precourse Exam
- Successfully complete the Precourse Session
- Obtain the Lifeguarding Instructor’s Manual and Lifeguarding Manual after you have successfully completed the Precourse Session.
Criteria for certification:
- Successfully complete the online Introduction to the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor course
- Successfully complete the Precourse Skills Session
- Attend and actively participate in all course sessions
- Successfully complete class activities, including the four practice-teaching assignments
Demonstrate instructor-level skill competency in all skills and scenarios
- Score a minimum of 80 percent on the instructor course final written exam
- November 15-17, 2019
- Friday 5:15pm-9:15pm
- Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm, 1:00pm-7:00pm
- Sunday 1:00pm-7:00pm
21 hours, 45 minutes
All UNC Aquatics programs are open to UNC faculty, staff, their families and the Chapel Hill/Carrboro community. If you are a member of the university community, you can use your ONYEN to login and register. If you do not have an ONYEN, please email email@example.com with the full name and birth date of the participant. A login and password will be created for you to access the registration software.
Lifeguarding Instructor/Instructor Trainer Review Course
The LGI/IT review course is an abbreviated recertification course for currently certified instructors and instructor trainers. The purpose of the course is to allow participants to review the course content and practice skills in a formal class setting and complete the final written exam.
- Possess a current (r.2017) American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor certification and/or
- Possess a current (r.2017) American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor Trainer certification
Criteria for certification:
- Demonstrate and be evaluated for proficiency in all skills and scenarios throughout the course.
- Participate in all course activities
- Successfully complete the instructor course written exam with a score of at least 80%.
- Sunday, November 24, 2019
- 8:30am- 5:00pm
*an hour will be scheduled into the day for a lunch break
7 hours, 30 minutes