- For children 3-5 years old
- Classes run 30 minutes per lesson
- 1:4 instructor to swimmer ratio
In our preschool classes, children are introduced to basic aquatic skills including blowing bubbles, gliding, front and back floating, arm and leg movements for front crawl, back stroke and elementary back stroke. The skills build as the children progress through the lessons and skills are put together to encourage children to swim longer distances with less assistance, with a goal of independence and safety in the water. Water safety topics are incorporated into every lesson at all ages and ability.
Registration for each session closes on the Wednesday before the first day of class.
Spring 2018 Sessions
- Session 1: 1/17-2/7/2018 (7 classes)
- Session 2: 2/12-3/7/2018 (8 classes)
- Session 3: 4/2-4/25/2018 (8 classes)
- 8 classes- $75 for members and $80 for non-members
- 7 classes- $65 for members and $70 for non-members
- Session 1: 1/20-2/24/2018 (6 classes)
- Session 2: 3/24-4/28/2018 (6 classes)
- 6 classes- $55 for members and $60 for non-members
Summer 2018 Sessions
Registration for all Summer 2018 sessions open March 19, 2018!
Monday through Thursday Evenings
- Session 1: 6/4-14/2018 (8 classes)
- Session 2: 6/18-28/2018 (8 classes)
- Session 3: 7/9-19/2018 (8 classes)
- $75 for members and $80 for non-members
- Session 1: 6/2-23/2018 (4 classes)
- Session 2: 7/7-28/2018 (4 classes)
- 4 classes- $35 for members and $40 for non-members
All UNC Aquatics programs are open to UNC faculty, staff, students and their families, and the Chapel Hill/Carrboro community. If you are a member of the university community, you can use your ONYEN to login and register. If you do not have an ONYEN, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the full name and birth date of the participant. A login and password will be created for you to access the registration software.