COVID-19 Reopening Plan
Please understand that we recognize the risk for COVID-19 transmission is present anywhere people gather. We also recognize that physical exercise is essential to maintaining a healthy mind and body. We are providing space for our members to enhance their quality of life and welcome you back into the water. The guidelines below are to ensure that all are as safe as possible moving forward. Please have patience as we work through our new-normal.
Let’s get our heels wet in the Carolina blue waters!
Kessing Outdoor Pool has reopened for lap swimming ONLY
Overview of Aquatics Guidelines:
- Kessing will be open Monday through Sunday from 11am-2pm and 4-6pm.
- You are required to sign up for lanes in advance and can do so using your ONYEN and password.
- Time slots are 45 minutes long
- Registration will open 48 hours ahead of each time slot
- The facility will be cleared for 15 minutes for cleaning and preparation for the next shift of swimmers
- Swimmers will present their name and OneCard to the guard at the desk and swipe themselves in upon entry into the facility
- It is crucial for swimmers to clear their lane and the facility at the end of the time allotted to give staff time to allow enough contact time of the disinfectant
- No walk-ins or guests while distance restrictions are still in place
- We ask our swimmers to arrive ready to swim and leave in their swimming attire. The bathrooms will be opened upon request only and should be used for “urgent” situations only.
- The outdoor shower is available, but the indoor shower will remain locked.
- No shared equipment will be available so you will need to bring your own kickboard, pull buoy, or hand paddles if you would like to use these for your swim.
- The drinking fountains will be turned off. Please bring your own water bottle.
- Masks are required while entering and exiting the pool deck but should be removed for swimming.
- Kessing will be set up long course and swimmers will be assigned a lane as they enter the pool. Lanes will alternate starting ends.
Please take time to look at the UNC Aquatics Reopening Plan for more information. If you have additional questions or concerns, contact our Aquatics Director, Catherine Ayers at email@example.com.
Are you ready to take the dive?
UNC’s Aquatics program is home to both an indoor and an outdoor pool, with lanes ranging from 25 yards to 50 meters and depths ranging from 3 to 10 feet. The program also offers swim lessons year round for swimmers of all levels and ages, in addition to health and safety courses such as American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Water Safety Instructor, and First Aid/CPR/AED classes.