UNC Campus Recreation is committed to helping you reach your fitness goals through individualized support and guidance. Our certified personal trainers provide you with an exercise program designed with your goals in mind. All levels are welcome from novice exercisers to athletes training for a specific sport or event. We continually develop our trainers through cutting-edge education, equipment specific training, and hands-on learning.
- Register in the Campus Rec Main Office (SRC 101) to pay with cash or One Card or sign up online to pay with credit card. There are no refunds.
- Upon registering, you will be required to fill out the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q). If you answer “Yes” to any questions on the PAR-Q, you must also complete a medical clearance form:
- After your registration form and payment have been received, you will be contacted to schedule your appointment.
- Make sure to read and understand the Participant Waiver, and bring a signed copy of it to your appointment.
Personal Training Packages
If you need more encouragement or personalized instruction, then consider Personal Training. Our Personal Trainers will develop an individualized exercise regimen, based on your fitness assessment and goals, which will be not only challenging, but exciting. You will learn how to exercise effectively and safely during your sessions.
|PT Start Up (2 sessions)*||$25||$30|
|Semester Pass (2x/wk)**||$495||$550|
|Partner Training – 5 sessions||$100/person||$125/person|
*PT Start Up: The start up is a great way to get a baseline of where you are today according to your overall health and fitness. Following the fitness assessment you will receive a personalized program designed to meet your needs.
**Semester Pass: Two sessions are conducted each week from the purchase of pass to the last day of classes in the semester pass was purchased. Makeup sessions are not allowed. Fall and Spring only, the Semester Pass is not offered over the summer.
The first session of each package will be a comprehensive fitness assessment.
All or some of the fitness tests will be conducted periodically based on personal fitness goals to assist the trainer in evaluating the client’s fitness program. These follow-ups will not necessarily be a complete assessment, but will be targeted to specific aspects of the individual’s fitness program. A follow up comprehensive fitness assessment can be requested at any time, which will be conducted during a scheduled personal training session, in lieu of that session.
- Please review the Personal Training Policies for important details.
- All Personal Training Packages must be completed during the semester in which it was purchased, barring extenuating circumstances.
- Partner Training is designed for individuals that have similar goals.