NASM Personal Training Course
Interested in joining the Fitness/Wellness team and becoming a certified professional?
Campus Recreation offers two different training programs to assist you in working towards becoming a certified Group Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer. Each training program is offered once per academic year.
The NASM Personal Training course is designed for people who aspire to take the National Academy of Sport Medicine (NASM) Personal Trainer Certification exam and become effective fitness professional. This 10-week program will have a blended learning approach, and will include a combination of online self-study, virtual instruction, and in-person practical skills training. The information covered will help students learn how to facilitate rapport and behavior change in clients, as well as design individualized programs based on each client’s unique health, fitness and performance goals. This program includes:
- NASM Personal Training Textbook (to explore the NASM curriculum, visit https://www.nasm.org/)
- NASM CPT Certification Exam Cost
- Access to NASM’s online self-study modules & training information
- 12+ hours of virtual instruction
- 18+ hours of in-person practical training
- Opportunity to apply for a Personal Training position with Campus Recreation upon successful completion of the program & passing of the NASM CPT Exam.
All CPT Training Programs include the following:
- Self-Study with NASM’s Online Modules
- Physical Book
- In-Person Skills Training
Fall 2021 Course Meetings:
- Tuesday @ 2:30PM – 3:30PM
- Thursday @ 2:30PM – 4:00PM
- Starting Tue, Sep 14 2021
- Ending Tue, Nov 16 2021
Cost: $350 for students / $450 for non-students
Learn more and register on Stay Active.