Opportunities to learn about healthy lifestyle choices through programs, seminars, and other educational resources are offered by Carolina Fitness, Employee Services/Training & Development and School of Public Health.
- Around Campus Loop (2.05 miles)
- Glen Lennox Route (4.75 miles)
- South Road Route (3.14 miles)
- Finley Golf Course Route (4.31 miles)
- Raleigh/ Gimghoul Route (2.67 miles)
- Mid-Campus Route (1.51 miles)
- Battle Park Trail (1.46 miles)
- 15-501/ Laurel Lane Route (2.94 miles)
- Boundary Street Battle Park
- Friday Center & Meadowmont
- Main Campus Loops
- Rizzo & Meadowmont
- UNC Human Resources: Employee Wellness Programs
- Carolina Dining Services: Health and Wellness information from a registered dietitian
- Health Heels: A blog dedicated to helping YOU stay healthy
- Campus Health: Healthcare and wellness services to promote academic success
Fitness, Exercise, & Health
- Let’s Move: Information for Leading a Healthy and Active Lifestyle
- American Heart Association: Exercise Log
- Posture: How correct is your posture? Working in a neutral position helps to reduce stress on the muscles, tendons, and bones that are strained throughout the work day. Use these tips to help maintain a neutral body position with reference pictures.
- Stretches: Stretching throughout the day at your workstation can help relieve tired muscles and help keep you energetic. Use this list of stretches to help get you started.
- Back Pain: Find information on back pain, quick ways to stop back pain, how to prevent it, and how exercise can help.
- Disease and injury prevention: Information and learning resources on a variety of topics concerning health management, disease prevention, fitness, beauty, and so much more.
- Nutrition: Find nutrition guidelines, recipes, and meal plans.
Figure out your Body Mass Index, Basal Metabolic Rate & more!
- Use this Body Mass Calculator to determine your Body Mass Index (BMI) and ideal weight range. Then estimate weight loss timeline based on daily calorie budget.
- Use this Basal Metabolic Rate calculator to determine your Basal Metabolic Rate and estimate the amount of calories you should be consuming.
- Health Assessment: How healthy are you? This site enables you to fill out health assessments and gives you tips and resources according to your results.