You must have a recreation membership or be an approved guest to use our facilities. Campus Recreation staff may ask to see your UNC One Card, Recreation Membership Card, guest pass, or event confirmation to verify your eligibility to use our facilities.
- You are expected to follow the policies and procedures posted in or at each facility.
- If you are unruly or cause damage to our facilities, you will be asked to leave. Additionally, your membership, guest pass, or event confirmation may be canceled without refund.
In general, you are required to wear athletic attire when using our facilities. This includes:
- Closed-toe, closed-heel, non-marking athletic shoes
Attire choices such as jeans, medical scrubs, sandals, bare feet, or socks-only may be prohibited, depending on the facility or program.
Water and sports drinks are allowed in our facilities. Other foods or beverages are not allowed unless approved by Campus Recreation.
The following activities or items are strictly prohibited in our facilities:
- Weapons of any kind
- Glass containers
- Tobacco products
- Alcoholic beverages
- Heat sources (unless approved by Campus Recreation)
- Animals (does not include service animals)
- Metal spikes
- Tents requiring stakes
- Vehicles of any kind (except Gators)
Use of Space
Use of Common Space
- You may not use corridors, lobbies, or other unassigned spaces within our facilities for any recreational activities.
- If you violate this policy, you will be asked to cease the activity.
- If you violate this policy repeatedly, you will be asked to leave the facility. Additionally, your membership, guest pass, or event confirmation may be canceled without refund.
- You are not allowed to remove or adjust the setup for an event in our facilities.
- If you remove or adjust the setup, you will be asked to leave the facility immediately. Additionally, your membership, guest pass, or event confirmation may be canceled without refund.
Use of Facilities by Children
For safety and liability reasons, children (aged 17 and under) are allowed to use our facilities according to the policies listed below:
Bowman Gray and Kessing Pools
- Children with a valid pool membership can use the pools during all operational hours.
- Students and employees (faculty/staff) with valid memberships can purchase a one-day guest pass ($5/day) for their children. Children may use the pools with a guest pass on Friday, Saturdays, and Sundays only, and they must be accompanied by the parent who has a valid membership.
Fetzer Hall and Woollen Gym
Students and employees with valid memberships can purchase a one-day guest pass ($2/day) for their children. Children may use Fetzer Hall and Woollen Gym with a guest pass Monday – Friday and they must be accompanied by the parent who has a valid membership.
Athletic or Sport Club
- Children who are officially registered with an Athletic (ex. Fencing, Wrestling) or Sport (ex. Badminton, Judo) Club may access the facility during officially scheduled club practice times only.
- For Sport Clubs, the child must also have a Youth Club Membership Card.