- Intramural Sports
- Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Recreation
- Employee Recreation
Special Events & Programs
If you have any additional questions, please contact Karen Cunningham.
For all facility hours and program and event dates, check out the Campus Recreation Calendar.
Challenge Course Events
The following events are open to UNC students, faculty and staff and to the public! Sign up at the Campus Rec Main Office (SRC 101).
Singles Day on the Tree Course: Sunday, September 7th from 1-5 pm
- $20 per person
- 24 spots available
- Bring your friends and test your physical and mental prowess by working your way through the Carolina Outdoor Education Center's 30-foot high tree course!
Cosmic Zipline - Tuesday, September 9th from 10 pm-12 am
- $10 per person
- 40 spots available
- Night time ziplinning by way of glowsticks, fireflies, and moonlight!
Open Challenge Course Day - Saturday, October 11th from 12-5 pm
- $5 per person
- 16 participants per hour for a total of 80 participants
- For one hour, come push yourself to new physical and mental limits while working toward goals as a team on the challenge course!
Recreational Oppurtunities for Carolina Kids
- For Carolina students, faculty and
staff to have an opportunity to play and exercise with their kids;
- To expose Carolina kids to a variety
of fun, healthy activities; and
- To combat a national rise in the
incidence of juvenile obesity and diabetes.
This is a free program thanks to the generosity
of our staff and special guest instructors. All we ask is that you register at least 2 days ahead of the
program you want to attend so we can plan appropriately.
To register visit http://campusrec.unc.edu/special-events
Parking is always difficult
on campus. For programs at Hooker
Fields, park in the Visitor Lot at the top of Hwy. 54. For Rams Head programs
or Fetzer Hall, park on Stadium Drive if available or in the Rams Head parking deck
right below the Rec Center. For maps and
directions visit http://www.unc.edu/visitors/getting-here/index.htm
Saturday, September 13
a special treat to have our very own Women’s Soccer Team for a fun morning of
soccer drills, skills, thrills and probably some spills. You don’t want to miss
GYMNASTICS ● Saturday,November 22
Fetzer Hall, Gym C
beautiful and talented varsity Gymnastics Team will once again be on hand to
teach and tumble, spot and soar, energize and entertain. Kids absolutely love