- For children 6-13 years old
- 1:4 instructor to student ratio for ages 6-8 years old
- 1:6 instructor to student ratio for ages 9-13 years old
Participants will register by age group. Swimmers ages 6-8 years old will participate in a 30 minute lesson while swimmers ages 9-13 years old will participate in a 45 minute swim lesson. Our youth swim lessons begin with teaching the basics of swimming fundamentals and work on progressing through efficient technique in front crawl, back stroke, breaststroke, butterfly, elementary backstroke, sidestroke, and treading. Swimmers may also move into more advanced skills such as stroke refinement, extending swimming duration, diving, and starts and turns for swimmers interested in joining a swim team are incorporated into the lessons. Water safety topics are introduced in all lessons at all ages and abilities.
Registration for all Spring 2018 sessions open November 1, 2017!
Registration for each session closes on the Wednesday before the first day of class.
Spring 2018 Sessions
- Session 1: 1/17-2/7/2018 (7 classes)
- Session 2: 2/12-3/7/2018 (8 classes)
- Session 3: 4/2-4/25/2018 (8 classes)
- Youth ages 6-8 years old: 5:55pm–6:25pm
- Youth ages 9-13 years old: 5:55pm-6:40pm
- 7 x 30 minute classes, Youth ages 6-8 years – $65 for members and $70 for non-members
- 7 x 45 minute classes, Youth ages 9-13 years – $75 for members and $80 for non-members
- 8 x 30 minute classes, Youth ages 6-8 years – $75 for members and $80 for non-members
- 8 x 45 minute classes, Youth ages 9-13 years – $85 for members and $90 for non-members
- Session 1: 1/20-2/24/2018 (6 classes)
- Session 2: 3/24-4/28/2018 (6 classes)
- Youth ages 6-8 years old: 10:20am-10:50am
- Youth ages 9-13 years old: 10:20am-11:05am
- 6 x 30 minute classes, Youth ages 6-8 years – $55 for members and $60 for non-members
- 6 x 45 minute classes, Youth ages 9-13 years – $65 for members and $70 for non-members
All UNC Aquatics programs are open to UNC faculty, staff, their families, and the Chapel Hill/Carrboro community. If you are a member of the university community, you can use your ONYEN to login and register. If you do not have an ONYEN, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the full name and birth date of the participant. A login and password will be created for you to access the registration software.