Health and Fitness Resources
Opportunities to learn about healthy lifestyle choices through programs, seminars, and other educational resources are offered by Carolina Fitness, Employee Services/Training & Development and School of Public Health.
- Around Campus Loop (2.05 miles)
- Glen Lennox Route (4.75 miles)
- South Road Route (3.14 miles)
- Finley Golf Course Route (4.31 miles)
- Raleigh/ Gimghoul Route (2.67 miles)
- Mid-Campus Route (1.51 miles)
- Battle Park Trail (1.46 miles)
- 15-501/ Laurel Lane Route (2.94 miles)
- Boundary Street Battle Park
- Friday Center & Meadowmont
- Main Campus Loops
- Rizzo & Meadowmont
- UNC Human Resources: Employee Wellness Programs
- Carolina Dining Services: Health and Wellness information from a registered dietitian
- Health Heels: A blog dedicated to helping YOU stay healthy
- Campus Health: Healthcare and wellness services to promote academic success
Fitness, Exercise, & Health
- Let’s Move: Information for Leading a Healthy and Active Lifestyle
- American Heart Association: Exercise Log
- Posture: How correct is your posture? Working in a neutral position helps to reduce stress on the muscles, tendons, and bones that are strained throughout the work day. Use these tips to help maintain a neutral body position with reference pictures.
- Stretches: Stretching throughout the day at your workstation can help relieve tired muscles and help keep you energetic. Use this list of stretches to help get you started.
- Back Pain: Find information on back pain, quick ways to stop back pain, how to prevent it, and how exercise can help.
- Disease and injury prevention: Information and learning resources on a variety of topics concerning health management, disease prevention, fitness, beauty, and so much more.
- Nutrition: Find nutrition guidelines, recipes, and meal plans.
Figure out your Body Mass Index, Basal Metabolic Rate & more!
- Use this Body Mass Calculator to determine your Body Mass Index (BMI) and ideal weight range. Then estimate weight loss timeline based on daily calorie budget.
- Use this Basal Metabolic Rate calculator to determine your Basal Metabolic Rate and estimate the amount of calories you should be consuming.
- Health Assessment: How healthy are you? This site enables you to fill out health assessments and gives you tips and resources according to your results.
- National Institute of Health: Choosing a Safe and Successful Weight Loss Program
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association: Diet and Nutrition
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Council on Exercise
- American Fitness Professional & Associates
- Aerobic and Fitness Association of America
- National Strength & Conditioning Association
- National Academy of Sports Medicine
Office Workshops-We come to you!
Carolina Fitness presents workshops on energizing your office, jumpstarting fitness programs, walking your way into wellness, managing stress, and much more! Click here for more information on presentations and how to request a workshop.