- For children 3-5 years old
- Classes run 30 minutes
- 1:4 instructor to student ratio.
Swimmers will be evaluated by instructors during the first class and placed in groups according to the skills they are ready to learn in the progression of developing swimming skills. As soon as a swimmer masters the skills in their group they will be moved to the next group in progression. Some of the skills that we encourage are:
- Comfort. Includes, but is not limited to, safe entry and exit from the pools, bobs (rhythmic breathing), front float, back float, and glide with flutter kick.
- Movement. Includes, but is not limited to, treating, flutter, whip and scissors kicks, crawl stroke (freestyle), back stroke, breast stroke, and side stroke arms and rhythmic breathing.
- Strokes. Includes but is not limited to, putting separate movements together to form strokes incorporating breathing.
- Conditioning. Uses all of the strokes with longer periods of swimming to perfect technique and build stamina, will include learning head-first entry progressions.
- Competition. Taught from the position of the coach on the deck, includes legal strokes, starts and turns, and drills to improve efficiency and speed.
FALL 2017 Sessions
- Session 1: 9/18/17-10/11/17
- Session 2: 10/23/17-11/15/17
- 8 classes – $75 for members and $80 for non-members
All Aquatics Programs are open to UNC faculty, staff, their families, and the Chapel Hill/Carrboro community. If you are a member of the university community, you can use your ONYEN to login and register. If you do not have an ONYEN, please email email@example.com with the full name and birth date of the participant. A login and password will be created for you to access the registration software.