For children 3-5 years old. Classes run 30 minutes and have a 1:4 instructor to student ratio.
“Simply Swim” Progressive Skills Groups
Participants should register by age group. Children ages 3-5 will are considered part of the “preschool” category. Swimmers will be evaluated by instructors during the first class and placed in groups according to the skills they are ready to learn in the progression of developing swimming skills. As soon as a swimmer masters the skills in their group they will be moved to the next group in progression. The skill groups are as follows:
- Comfort. Includes, but is not limited to, safe entry and exit from the pools, bobs (rhythmic breathing), front float, back float, and glide with flutter kick.
- Movement. Includes, but is not limited to, treating, flutter, whip and scissors kicks, crawl stroke (freestyle), back stroke, breast stroke, and side stroke arms and rhythmic breathing.
- Strokes. Includes but is not limited to, putting separate movements together to form strokes incorporating breathing.
- Conditioning. Uses all of the strokes with longer periods of swimming to perfect technique and build stamina.
- Competition. Taught from the position of the coach on the deck, includes legal strokes, starts and turns, and drills to improve efficiency and speed.
SUMMER 2017 SESSIONS
MONDAY -THURSDAY SESSIONS
- Session 1: 6/5/17 – 6/15/17
- Session 2: 6/26/17 – 7/7/17
- Session 3: 7/17/17 – 7/27/17
- 8 classes – $70 for members and $75 for non-members
- Session 1: 6/3/17 – 6/24/17
- Session 2: 7/8/17 – 7/29/17
- 9:40 — 10:10 a.m.
- 4 classes – $35 for members and $40 for non-members
FALL 2017 SESSIONS
MONDAY / WEDNESDAY EVENINGS
- Session 1: 9/18/17-10/11/17
- Session 2: 10/23/17-11/15/17
- 8 classes – $75 for members and $80 for non-members
All Aquatics Programs are open to UNC faculty, staff, their families, and the Chapel Hill/Carrboro community. If you are a member of the university community, you can use your ONYEN to login and register. If you do not have an ONYEN, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the full name and birth date of the participant. A login and password will be created for you to access the registration software.