Climbing at Stone Mt.
Climb the Great Arch @ Stone Mt. Over 500 feet of North Carolina Classic slab climbing. Want to soar to new heights? Really push yourself? This is the trip for you! On this program you will link together several pitches (more or less a pitch = 1 length of climbing rope). The Great Arch is an icon in North Carolina climbing. Just google NC Stone Mountain and you will likely see a picture of the great arch!
On this trip you will learn:
- How to stay safe while on a ledge
- Communication in a multi-pitch environment
- Cleaning anchors and gear
- Endurance while climbing!
There are only room for 4 participants for this trip. Please note that as one of our premium trips, in order to meet our costs we are charging more than a tyipcal day trip. We recommend that you have prior climbing experience either on one of our previous climbing trips or having experience at the Rams or SRC walls.
Pre-trip meeting, Waitlist, Weather, Emergencies, Etc.
- A mandatory pre-trip meeting for this trip will be held at the Carolina Outdoor Education Center. We will reach out regarding the time as the trip approaches.
- Plan to leave the OEC by 6 AM the day of the trip.
- Our emergency action plan and trip leader training aligns with industry standards for wilderness trips. If you would like more information please send us an email.
- Please review our Weather Guidelines
- For more information or to be placed on a waitlist Email firstname.lastname@example.org