Let’s staying active together! Visit the Stay Active recreation portal to register for activities and make facility reservations. After reading our facility guidelines, view our operating hours to learn more about facility reservations. Not on campus? Check out our Stay Active at Home resources.
- Please make a reservation on Stay Active
- Reservations are no longer needed for the climbing walls (walk-ins welcome)
- Plan to arrive before the end of the first hour of your reservation
- Upon arrival present your valid UNC One Card and confirmation of a reservation
- You will be asked the following questions prior to entering the facility:
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Are you having symptoms?
- Have you been exposed to a person diagnosed with COVID-19 or within 48 hours before they developed symptoms?
- If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, you will not be allowed to enter the facility
- Additional policies are listed on the Stay Active registration page and posted around the facilities
Please note: Access to drinking fountains, equipment checkout, lockers, and mats will not be provided at this time.
Our current offerings include the facilities, programs, and services listed below. Facilities not listed are currently unavailable.
- Bowman Gray Memorial Pool
- Rams Head Recreation Center
- Student Recreation Center
- Fetzer Climbing Wall
- Kessing Outdoor Pool (opens June 1, 2021)
- Hooker Fields (lights will be turned on during scheduled programming only)
- Ehringhaus Field
- North Campus Recreation Complex
- South Campus Recreation Complex
- Outdoor Education Center
Activities and Programs
Check out our events page for upcoming activities. Click the programs below to learn more about each service and offerings.
How To Participate
For your wellbeing, we expect everyone to be S-A-F-E:
S – Social / Physical Distancing: Remain at least 6 feet away from others at all times.
A – Access to Opportunities: When required, sign up in advance for facility or program access through the UNC Rec app or on Stay Active. Registration typically opens 48 hours before facility reservations and fitness classes. Other registrations vary.
F – Follow the Policies: Policies are posted in each facility and in the information included on your registration confirmation for facility and program access.
E – Engage with Caution: Masks are required, hand washing is encouraged, and participating in cleaning protocol is expected. We also encourage patrons to engage in physical activity with caution. This includes monitoring their own workout intensity, taking breaks as needed, and setting realistic goals for their return to exercising.
Members & Services
Membership sales for University faculty and staff are available through the UNC One Card Office. Visit our membership page for details.
Please note: Memberships for children and spouse/partners of University students, faculty, and staff are not currently available for purchase. Guest pass sales are also suspended until further notice.
Review our operating hours and general facility policies and procedures. Feel free to visit our Main Office located in the SRC during business hours. You may also contact us at email@example.com or call 919-843-PLAY (7529).
Best Ways To Stay Informed
Please check our website regularly for updates and follow our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. To learn more about the University’s plan, including testing information, please go to carolinatogether.unc.edu.