Welcome back! We look forward to another semester of staying active together! You must preregister to visit any of our facilities or participate in programming at stayactive.unc.edu. Please visit our hours page and review our Facility Guidelines below.
To learn more about Carolina Together, including testing information, please Click Here.
To check out our Stay Active at Home resources, please Click Here.
To view our upcoming Events, please Click Here.
Before visiting the facility
- You must make a reservation HERE to visit and use recreation facilities.
- You can only register for one workout, lane, or climbing reservation per day.
- You must show up before the end of the first hour of your reservation.
- You will be asked to present your valid UNC One Card and confirmation of a reservation.
- You will be asked the following questions prior to entering the facility:
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Are you having symptoms?
- Have you been exposed to a person diagnosed with COVID-19 or within 48 hours before they developed symptoms?
- If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, you will not be allowed to enter the facility.
Available Amenities and Facilities
Our current offerings include the facilities, programs, and services listed below. Facilities, programming, or services not listed above are currently not available.
- Bowman Gray Memorial Pool
- Fetzer Climbing Wall
- Rams Head Recreation Center and Climbing Wall
- Student Recreation Center
NOTE: Access to drinking fountains, equipment checkout, lockers, and mats will not be provided.
- Hooker Fields (lights will be turned on during scheduled programming only)
- Ehringhaus Field
- North Campus Recreation Complex
- Outdoor Education Center
- South Campus Recreation Complex
Activities and Programs
How To Participate
For your wellbeing, we expect everyone to be S-A-F-E:
S – Social / Physical Distancing: Remain at least 6 feet away from others at all times.
A – Access to Opportunities: Where required, sign up in advance for facility or program access through the UNC Rec app (available for Android and Apple devices) or at https://stayactive.unc.edu/. Registration opens 48 hours before the start of the actual time slot you want.
F – Follow the Policies: Policies are posted in each facility and in the information included on your registration confirmation for facility and program access.
E – Engage with Caution: Masks are required, hand washing / sanitizing is encouraged, and participating in cleaning protocol is expected. We also encourage patrons to engage in physical activity with caution. This includes monitoring their own workout intensity, taking breaks as needed, and setting realistic goals for their return to exercising.
Members & Services
Membership sales for University faculty and staff (available through the UNC One Card Office).
NOTE: Memberships for children and spouse/partners of University students, faculty, and staff are not currently available for purchase. Guest pass sales are also suspended until further notice.
Best Ways To Stay Informed
Please check our website regularly for updates and follow our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. To learn more about the University’s plan, including testing information, please go to carolinatogether.unc.edu.