Unified Sports is an inclusive sports program that unites Special Olympics athletes and the UNC community as teammates for recreation. Our mission is to provide a diverse and intentional recreational program in a safe, inclusive, and accessible environment which enhances the social, mental and physical well-being of all participants.
- Registration open: August 19 – August 30
- Days of play: September 13 (Assessment Day), September 20 (League Play), September 27 (League Play), October 4 (League Play), October 11 and October 18 (Make-up days if necessary due to weather)
- Special Olympics athletes will register with Colleen Lanigan (919)968-2810, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration open: February 25 – March 20
- Days of play: March 25 – April 18
- Special Olympics athletes will register with Colleen Lanigan (919) 968-2810, email@example.com
“I am thrilled this idea has come to fruition for our Special Olympic athletes and UNC community. I think sports, in general, provide opportunities for all people to stay active and find a sense of belonging regardless of ability levels. In the most basic sense, I think Unified Sports offer that sense of belonging and camaraderie where everyone on the playing field have equal opportunities and equal rights regardless of someone’s physical or intellectual abilities.” -Tori Hooker, Sport Programs Coordinator