The purpose of Carolina Jump Rope Club is to increase awareness of and involvement in the sport of jump rope, promote physical fitness and healthy lifestyles, engage in volunteering and mentoring in the community, provide opportunities for performance, competition, and teaching, and to offer a fun, inclusive, and athletic environment for students at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill.
How to Join: Open Membership/Join at any time
- No experience is needed for members to join. We encourage anyone who is interested to come to our open gyms to learn the basics. Jump rope is a sport all about progression, so continued involvement will allow for greater success.
Competitive Season: Fall/Spring
Competition Level: National
- Expanding club membership and official club sport recognition – grew from 6 members to 21 last year
- First place titles: National Collegiate Jump Rope Championships 2018, Asia Pacific Jump Rope Championships (Hong Kong) 2017
- Top three finishes in the 2017 World Jump Rope Championships
- Won bid to host 2019 National Collegiate Jump Rope Championships and University Jump Rope Summit at UNC Chapel Hill