Interested in learning or improving your ballroom dance skills? Come join us on the UNC Ballroom Dance Club! Our team travels throughout the East Coast to compete at various collegiate and USA DanceSport Competitions. We compete in International Latin (Cha Cha, Rumba, Samba, and Jive) and Standard (Waltz, Tango, Quickstep, Foxtrot), with dancers representing the team at the newcomer level through Championship. All skills and abilities are welcome, so competitions aren’t a requirement. We also dance for fun (Hustle, Salsa, and Bachata) at various social events. Lessons are free, so come try it out at any time to see if you want to join the team.
How to Join: Open Membership/Join at any time
- Total cost in dues per year: $90 for UNC students ($45 per semester), $130 for non-UNC students and community members ($65 per semester)
- Fundraising requirements: Each member must complete one volunteer credit per semester. (Volunteer credits can be fulfilled by fundraising, performing, teaching, and other activities. What determines a volunteer credit is at the discretion of the council).
Competitive Seasons: Fall/Spring
Competition Level: National
National Governing Body: USA Dance
- 4 Ballroom couples placed in the Top 8 for their division at Nationals
- Every competitive member of the team qualified for Nationals
- Raised money hosting the Carolina Ballroom Brawl