Let’s stay active together! Visit the Stay Active recreation portal or download the UNC Rec app to register for events and programs. After reading our facility guidelines, view our operating hours to learn more. Not on campus? Check out our Stay Active at Home resources.
- Access facilities during operating hours. All facilities are walk-in only. Cleaning periods are no longer in effect.
- Present your valid UNC One Card or scan your hand using our MorphoWave readers at select facilities.
- You must pre-enroll to use a MorphoWave reader and readers are not available at all facilities.
- Mask use at all recreation facilities, programming, and events is optional.
We realize that this transition is welcome for some and brings discomfort for others. If you feel more comfortable still wearing a mask, you are free to do so. There are many reasons why a person may decide to continue to wear a mask, and we respect that choice.
Cleaning Periods (No Longer In Effect)
After reopening recreation facilities in 2021, we started the practice of regularly disinfecting all equipment with backpack sprayers and a solution that needs 15-20 minutes to dry and evaporate. We had scheduled closures i. e. ‘cleaning periods’ throughout the day that reduced the availability of facilities.
Starting May 11, 2022, we will stop having cleaning periods so facilities can be for the full operating hours. Cleaning is still an important part of our safety protocols. Our staff will still clean and disinfect equipment throughout the day, and patron participation is still strongly encouraged by using our disinfecting wipes before and after equipment use. We will continue to provide a safe environment for our patrons.
- Patrons can now access facilities by presenting a UNC One Card or scanning their hand at the front desk on our MorphoWave readers (enrollment required).
- MorphoWave readers are available to access Rams Head, the SRC, Woollen Gym, and Fetzer Hall.
- To enroll for use of the MorphoWave reader:
- Student Members: Visit the One Card Office during their hours of operation.
- Employees (faculty/staff) and Family (spouse/partner) Members: Call the One Card Office to get set up in the system before visiting to enroll in the system.
- Learn more about MorphoWave readers, our contactless option for facility access.
- Wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Respect others and maintain personal space at all times.
- Review our general facility policies and procedures and the University’s Community Standards.
Feel free to visit our Main Office located in the SRC during business hours. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-843-PLAY (7529).