Spring Fling is a 2.7 mile fun run or 1.5 mile walk open to all UNC-Chapel Hill faculty and staff. In previous years, over 500 participants have completed the Spring Fling individually or as part of a departmental team. The event promotes physical activity, health and well-being and provides employees with the opportunity to contribute to the Glenwood Elementary Family Assistance Program by making a canned food donation. In addition, pet donations will be given to the Orange County Animal Shelter. Free refreshments will be provided for participants after the event. This event is rain or shine!
Date: Friday, May 5th, 2017
Location: Student Recreation Center
Registration: Monday, April 3, 2017 – Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017
- Individual Registration: This form is for individual registration only.
- Team Registration Form: This form is for team registration. Please print out the form, have all team members sign, and return to the Campus Rec Main Office (SRC 101) or fax to 962-3621 ATTN: Spring Fling.
- Registrations due by noon, Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017!
- On-Site registration: Accepted 11:30am until 12:00pm race day (individual only)
- Check-In: 11:30am – 12:00pm event day
- Participant Meeting: 12:00pm event day
- Prizes: All participants will be eligible for prize drawings following the run/walk. An award will be given to the team with the MOST PARTICIPANTS. An award will also be given to the team with the MOST CREATIVE COSTUMES celebrating the season.
- Donations: Collections will be made for two charities this season: Non-perishable food items will be donated to a local food bank. Non-perishable pet items will be donated to the local animal shelters (food, old blankets, leashes, bowls, collars, etc. are all welcome). Those making a donation to either cause will be eligible for a special drawing.