The UNC Triathlon club strives to create an inclusive and exciting environment for competition in this demanding, but incredibly rewarding sport. There are no try-outs to join the club, and we welcome all ability levels, no matter if you have done multiple triathlons or none at all. We have 7 to 13 practices per week to accommodate everyone’s schedules and fitness levels. Attending all or any of these practices is not required, though we encourage our members to attend as many as they can. Our amazing coach, David Williams, hosts 4 of these practices, and gives us workouts for the others. Anyone with interest or experience in swimming, cycling and/or running is encouraged to join!
- Fundraising/dues: $160 per year ($80 per semester), and it is required to attend one fundraising event.
- How to join organization: Open
- Practice Days & Times:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: Swim practice, 8:30-10 a.m.
- Tuesdays: Track practice, 6-7 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Bike Ride, 6:30 a.m.
- Practice Locations:
- Swim: Homestead Aquatic Center (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Running: Fetzer Field & Belk Track
- Bike: Wilson Park (Carrboro, NC)
- Competitive Season: Fall/Spring
- Competition Level: National
- National Governing Body: USA Triathlon
- Women’s team placed 5th overall in the 2015 Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Conference
- In the 2015 Wilmington Sprint, we had 2nd and 3rd place finishes for females 16-19, and 2nd and 6th place finishes for males 20-24
- Women’s team won 17th overall in the 2015 Collegiate Nationals competition (out of 99 teams)