The UNC Club Tennis Team is a coed team with non-mandatory practice, meaning you choose how much you want to participate. Part of our goal is to provide an outlet for fun yet competitive tennis after high-school! First and foremost we are a family; that means we are involved with a lot of social events and community service! Tryouts are in the first 2 weeks of school – after that, we play in at least 4-5 tournaments per semester, with States in the Fall, then Sectionals and Nationals in the Spring. You may sign up for a tournament, play challenge matches, and qualify to travel with the team. All expenses are payed for with members’ dues which are approximately $100 for the year.
- Fundraising/dues: Dues are ~$100/year and active tournament playing members are required to fundraise in at least 1 event in the fall.
- How to join organization: First two weeks of school
- Practice Days & Times:
- Practice Location: Outdoor Education Center Tennis Courts
- Competitive Season: Fall/Spring
- Competition Level: National
- National Governing Body: US Tennis Association
- Placed 2nd at the 2016 National Championship
- Co-hosted first ever tournament with NC State
- The A team lost a total of 3 matches the entire year, including all tournaments