Carolina Taekwondo practices WTF-style Taekwondo with a focus on Olympic-style sparring. We compete year-round against other East Coast schools, and our demonstration team performs around campus throughout the year. Everyone from complete beginners to experienced black belts are encouraged and welcome to join! Beginners are especially encouraged to join at the beginning of the semester.
- Fundraising/dues: Dues are $40 a year, plus a one-time $20 uniform fee. Members are required to volunteer at at least 1 fundraising event per semester.
- How to join organization: Open
- Practice Days & Times:
- Practice Location: Woollen Combative Room
- Competitive Season: Fall/Spring
- Competition Level: Regional
- National Governing Body: National Collegiate Taekwondo Association
- Carolina Taekwondo hosted the Fall 2015 ACAT tournament, as well as competed at the Spring 2016 ACAT tournament at Virginia Tech.
- At the Spring ACAT tournament, every member that competed placed in at least one of their events.
- Carolina Taekwondo’s Demonstration Team performed at KoreaNite and Journey into Asia.
- Carolina Taekwondo planned a Martial Arts Expo in the Pit to increase membership and raise awareness of martial arts clubs on campus.