The UNC Ski & Snowboard Team is a competitive ski and snowboard racing and freestyle team. We compete in the United States Collegiate Ski Association’s (USCSA) Southeastern Conference against a number of schools from both North Carolina and Virginia including, Duke, NC State, UVA, Appalachian State, and Virginia Tech. Racing disciplines include both Slalom and Giant Slalom. Freestyle competition includes Slopestyle, Rail Jam and Skier/Boarder Cross. Competitions are held at a number of North Carolina and Virginia resorts including, Beech Mountain, Appalachian Ski Mountain, Bryce Resort and Massanutten Resort. Competition experience and personal equipment are not required but are recommended.
- Fundraising/dues: Membership dues are $50 plus an additional $150 per race weekend. This number may decrease with increased membership in the 2016 – 2017 season. There is not a fundraising requirement but participation in fundraising events is strongly encouraged.
- How to join organization: Open
- Practice Days & Times: TBA
- Practice Location: Various ski resorts
- Competitive Season: Spring
- Competition Level: National
- National Governing Body: United states Collegiate Ski and Snowboard Association
- 4th place finish: Club Skiing Nationals in Men’s Freestyle Skiing
- 1st Place: club Ski Regionals: Men’s Freestyle Skiing
- Fundraising Accomplishments: Won the 2015 – 2016 UNC Sports Club Canned Food Drive and Photo Contest, as well as second place in platelet drive