The Marathon Club competes in a variety of local and regional races with distances ranging from 10k to full marathons. Practices consist of group runs to promote team camaraderie and help members train for upcoming club-sponsored and local races. We compete in one out-of-town race each semester and encourage members to run smaller races around Chapel Hill. The club is open to anyone with a desire to make new friends and enjoy running! We run together six days per week to help members reach their running goals.
- Fundraising/dues: Dues are $40 per member per year. We also try to encourage members to volunteer at our fundraising events to help keep their personal costs low.
- How to join organization: Open
- Practice Days & Times: TBA
- Practice Location: Around Chapel Hill, NC
- Competitive Season: Fall/Spring
- National Governing Body: N/A
- We had 12 members run the Richmond Half Marathon in November, and every one of them finished in under 2 hours
- In the Carrboro 10K, five first year and sophomore students on our team placed 4th or higher in their age groups
- Four of our members ran their first marathon this year and one of them qualified for the Boston Marathon