General Group Fitness Policies
- Participants will not be admitted to the class 5 minutes after the warm-up has begun.
- Appropriate workout attire is required at all times. No jeans, shoes or boots, revealing tops, etc. Participant must wear a t-shirt or tank top, athletic shorts or pants, and athletic foot wear (sneakers).
- Participants are encouraged to monitor their own workout intensity and take water breaks frequently.
- Risers should not be stacked more than 2 high when using a step in class.
- Participants are responsible for returning all equipment used during a class to the appropriate storage space.
- SRC and RHRC patrons are asked not to jump rope, lift weights, or stretch in the studios while fitness classes are in progress.
- Personal items should be placed in lockers prior to participation. If there are no lockers available, personal items may be placed at the back of the studio, along the wall. Please do not place personal items on step equipment or along the mirrors.
- To ensure the safety of participants, class size may be limited.
- The instructor reserves the right to ask a participant to leave should these policies not be followed.
Cycling Sign-Up Policies
To make your experience in cycle classes more enjoyable, please abide by these simple policies:
- Always sign up. Sign-up sheets are available at the SRC. Participants must sign-up in person no more than one day prior to the class [registration by phone is not permitted]
- Be on time. Registered class participants must pick up a pass across from the SRC desk, starting 30 minutes prior to the class, and show it to the instructor to gain access to the studio. Instructors will open the studio 10 minutes before the start of class. If you are not present 5 minutes prior to the start of class, you will be considered a “no show,” and your spot will be given to another participant. Unregistered participants must line up outside the studio on a first-come, first-serve basis. The instructor will allow you into the room based on how you are lined up if any spots become available.
- Bring water and towel to every class.
- At the conclusion of class: bring the gear down to 1, return the bike seat position to R7 and wipe down the machine, by spraying into the towel first and then wiping the bike.
*The cycle room is located next to the racquetball courts in Fetzer Hall. Cycle class participants can access the cycle room by entering through the SRC, passing down the first floor hallway through the double door entrance to Fetzer, and turning right toward the racquetball courts. The cycle room is the first room on the left hand side of the hallway.