Welcome Campus Rec’s Newest Sport Club, Climbing!
We are the competitive climbing club at UNC Chapel Hill. We compete in the Eastern Edge Mountain Series, and are working on participating in more USA Climbing competitions. As one of the newest members of the Sports Club program at Chapel Hill, we are stoked to keep growing and get more people involved as climbers! Our club climbs together on campus, at Progression Climbing Gym, Triangle Rock Club, and also take occasional trips to various outdoor locations. At the start of each semester, we work hard to introduce people to the sport of climbing, and overall what competitive climbing entails. Because of this we accept members at all levels and abilities. Please feel free to contact us or come to our interest meetings even if you have never climbed before!
- Fundraising/dues: $25 each semester (optional additional $45 each semester to climb at Progression Climbing gym on Sundays)
- How to join organization: Open
- Practice Days & Times: Monday through Thursday; 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Practice Location: Fetzer Climbing Wall
- Competitive Season: Fall/Spring
- Competition Level: National
- National Governing Body: USA Climbing
- The highest female and male scorers at Crimpin Crazies climbing competition at Duke University were both members of our club
- One of our club members was the overall winner of the Eastern Edge Mountain Series
- We hosted a successful competition (2nd annual Tar Heel Top Out) with over 60 competitors from at least 6 universities