- Intramural Sports
- Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Recreation
Group Fitness Classes
For all facility hours and program and event dates, check out the Campus Recreation Calendar.
GROUP FITNESS CLASS SCHEDULES
- There will be NO Group Fitness Classes during Winter Break (December 19 - January 5).
- Stay connected to schedule items and instantly get up-to-date info by following Campus Rec on Twitter and liking us on Facebook!
Spring into Fitness Schedule:
From January 6-10, 2015, we invite you to Spring into Fitness with us in the new year! During this time, a sampling of Group and Specialty Fitness classes will be offered along with other fun events!
- Group Fitness and Specialty Fitness class schedule
- Ask a Trainer: SRC Lobby from 3-4pm on January 7, 2015
- Chobani Tasting with Carolina Dining Services: SRC Lobby from 4-6pm on January 7, 2015
- Fitness Services Expo: Receive drop in services at the Functional Movement and Fitness Center (SRC 110) from 4-7pm on January 8, 2015
Spring 2015 Schedule:
The following schedules will be in effect January 12, 2015-April 23, 2015:
- Click here for the SRC Group Fitness class schedule
- Click here for the Rams Head Rec Center Group Fitness class schedule
- Click here for the Cycle Schedule
- You can always view a list of the times our Group Fitness Classes are offered on our Calendar!
NEW! Weekend Warrior Series:
(Space is limited & sign up is required; see below for policies)
Cycle and Yoga: Saturdays, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM, Capacity = 29
Join us in our weekend warrior series, balancing the high-intensity and energetic demands of indoor cycling with the calming and settling effects of yoga. Challenge your body in new ways, building strength, endurance, flexibility, and balance to your workout!
NEW! Yoga Workshop Series:
Select Sundays from 12:15-1:30 PM at Rams Head Rec Center
This series is designed to help you expand your understanding of yoga and become more proficient and confident in your practice. All levels are welcome to try our diverse offerings.
Previously offered workshops:
- Shifting from standing balances to arm balances
- Exploring and breaking down sun salutations
- Learning to get upside-down: Inversions and backbends for all levels
- January 25th - Cleanse & detoxify with twists & hips
- February 22nd - The importance of beginners mind
- March 29th - The eight limbs of yoga
- All schedules are tentative and subject to change.
- For more information on a particular class, view our Class Descriptions
Want a more specialized fitness experience? Try our specialty fitness classes! Descriptions and details of our specialty fitness offerings can be found here.
Group Fitness Policies:
Please note our group fitness policies:
- Participants will not be admitted to the class 5 minutes after the warm-up has begun.
- Appropriate workout attire is required at all times. No jeans, shoes or boots, revealing tops, etc. Participants must wear a t-shirt ot tank top, athletic shorts or pants, and athletic foot wear (sneakers).
- Participants are encouraged to monitor their own workout intensity and take water breaks frequently.
- Risers should not be stacked more than 2 high when using a step in class.
- Participants are responsible for returning all equipment used during a class to the appropriate storage space.
- SRC and RHRC patrons are asked not to jump rope, lift weights, or stretch in the studios while fitness classes are in progress.
- Personal items should be placed in lockers prior to participation. If there are no lockers available, personal items may be placed at the back of the studio, along the wall. Please do not place personal items on step equipment or along the mirrors.
- To ensure the safety of participants, class size may be limited.
- The instructor reserves the right to ask a participant to leave should these policies not be followed.
Cycling & Weekend Warrior Sign-Up Policies:
To make your experience in cycle and weekend warrior classes more enjoyable, please abide by these simple policies:
- Always sign up. Sign-up sheets are available at the SRC. Participants must sign-up in person no more than two days prior to the class [registration by phone is not permitted].
- Be on time. Registered class participants must pick up a pass across from the SRC desk, starting 30 minutes prior to the class, and show it to the instructor to gain access to the studio. Instructors will open the studio 10 minutes before the start of class. If you're not present 5 minutes prior to the start of the class, you will be considered a "no show," and your spot will be given to another participant. Unregistered participants must line up outside the studio on a first-come, first-serve basis. The instructor will allow you into the room based on how you are lined up if any spots become available.
- Bring water and towel to every class.
- At the conclusion of class: bring the gear down to 1, return the bike seat position to R7 and wipe down the machine, by spraying into the towel first and then wiping the bike.
*The cycle room is located next to the racquetball courts in Fetzer Hall. Cycle class participants can access the cycle room by entering through the SRC, passing down the first floor hallway through the double door entrance to Fetzer, and turning right toward the racquetball courts. The cycle room is the first room on the left hand side of the hallway.