- Intramural Sports
- Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Recreation
- Employee Recreation
Group Fitness Classes
For all facility hours and program and event dates, check out the Campus Recreation Calendar.
GROUP FITNESS CLASS SCHEDULES
- WEEKEND WARRIOR CYCLE AND YOGA will be held on Football Saturdays (October 4th). All other Group Fitness Classes will be CANCELLED.
- Stay connected to schedule items and instantly get up-to-date info by following Campus Rec on Twitter and liking us on Facebook!
Fall 2014 Schedule:
During this period, Group Fitness Classes will operate on a normal class schedule.
- Click here for the complete Fall 2014 SRC Group Fitness Class schedule.
- Click here for the complete Fall 2014 Rams Head Rec Center Group Fitness Class schedule.
- Click here for the complete Fall 2014 Cycle schedule.
- You can always view a list of the times our Group Fitness Classes are offered on our Calendar!
Cycle Cinema Sundays:
Watch one of your favorite movies and pedal it our through an instructor led workout! This class is sure to both motivate and entertain! Hosted on select Sundays from 5:30-7:30 PM. Movie selections are based on participant suggestions.
September 14th: Lilo and Stitch
October 12th: Big Fish
November 9th: The Incredibles
NEW! Weekend Warrior Series:
(Space is limited & sign up is required; see below for policies)
Cycle and Yoga: Saturdays, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM, Capacity = 29
Join us in our weekend warrior series, balancing the high-intensity and energetic demands of indoor cycling with the calming and settling effects of yoga. Challenge your body in new ways, building strength, endurance, flexibility, and balance to your workout!
BOSU Blast: Sundays, 4:00 - 5:00 PM, Capacity = 40
BOSU is an acronym for "both sides up". Balance, stability, core, cardio, toning... You name it, this class works it. This is class is total body training, targeting each muscle group in a fun-filled and challenging workout. Train hard while having a BLAST!
NEW! Yoga Workshop Series:
Select Sundays from 12:15-1:30 PM at Rams Head Rec Center
This series is designed to help you expand your understanding of yoga and become more proficient and confident in your practice. All levels are welcome to try our diverse offerings.
September 21st - Shifting from standing balances to arm balances
October 26th - Exploring and breaking down sun salutations
November 16th - Learning to get upside-down: Inversions and backbends for all levels
January 25th - Cleanse & detoxify with twists & hips
February 22nd - The importance of beginners mind
March 29th - The eight limbs of yoga
- All schedules are tentative and subject to change.
- For more information on a particular class, view our Class Descriptions
Want a more specialized fitness experience? Try our specialty fitness classes! Descriptions and details of our specialty fitness offerings can be found here.
Group Fitness Policies:
Please note our group fitness policies:
- Participants will not be admitted to the class 5 minutes after the warm-up has begun.
- Appropriate workout attire is required at all times. No jeans, shoes or boots, revealing tops, etc. Participants must wear a t-shirt ot tank top, athletic shorts or pants, and athletic foot wear (sneakers).
- Participants are encouraged to monitor their own workout intensity and take water breaks frequently.
- Risers should not be stacked more than 2 high when using a step in class.
- Participants are responsible for returning all equipment used during a class to the appropriate storage space.
- SRC and RHRC patrons are asked not to jump rope, lift weights, or stretch in the studios while fitness classes are in progress.
- Personal items should be placed in lockers prior to participation. If there are no lockers available, personal items may be placed at the back of the studio, along the wall. Please do not place personal items on step equipment or along the mirrors.
- To ensure the safety of participants, class size may be limited.
- The instructor reserves the right to ask a participant to leave should these policies not be followed.
Cycling & Weekend Warrior Sign-Up Policies:
To make your experience in cycle and weekend warrior classes more enjoyable, please abide by these simple policies:
- Always sign up. Sign-up sheets are available at the SRC. Participants must sign-up in person no more than two days prior to the class [registration by phone is not permitted].
- Be on time. Registered class participants must pick up a pass across from the SRC desk, starting 30 minutes prior to the class, and show it to the instructor to gain access to the studio. Instructors will open the studio 10 minutes before the start of class. If you're not present 5 minutes prior to the start of the class, you will be considered a "no show," and your spot will be given to another participant. Unregistered participants must line up outside the studio on a first-come, first-serve basis. The instructor will allow you into the room based on how you are lined up if any spots become available.
- Bring water and towel to every class.
- At the conclusion of class: bring the gear down to 1, return the bike seat position to R7 and wipe down the machine, by spraying into the towel first and then wiping the bike.
*The cycle room is located next to the racquetball courts in Fetzer Hall. Cycle class participants can access the cycle room by entering through the SRC, passing down the first floor hallway through the double door entrance to Fetzer, and turning right toward the racquetball courts. The cycle room is the first room on the left hand side of the hallway.